Women for Women International
Title: Global Programs Grants Manager
Department: Global Programs Unit
Location: Headquarters, Washington, DC
Reports to: Executive Director of Global Programs
Line Manages: _________________
Updated: 11 May 2011
Global Program Grants Manager
We are seeking a Grants Manager to join our global programs team to oversee grant compliance on projects funded by government, foundation, corporate and major donors. The Grants Manager will liaise between our Washington, DC headquarters and eight field offices to ensure timely implementation of all program activities against grant deliverables and requirements, including grant report writing and evaluation of grant spending against budget and pipeline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Grant Management and Implementation – 60%
- Serves as the main point of contact between WfWI headquarters and eight field offices on all issues related to grant management, implementation and compliance.
- Attends grant kick-off meetings and ensures that key grant information is communicated to and understood by field staff.
- Actively tracks grant deliverables through close communication and coordination with field and headquarters program staff, and helps troubleshoot any issues.
- Reviews monthly spending under all grants, and analyzes and proactively resolves budget variances.
- Maintains and updates grant deliverables calendar and communicates timeframes, deadlines and budgets to all field offices.
- Communicates all current project codes to field offices to ensure that field activities are booked to the correct code.
- Maintains and updates weekly grants status report to reflect grant challenges and achievements.
- Assists field staff in reconciling monthly expenses to make certain that grant spending is on track.
- Trains field staff in grant management and new business development.
Report and Proposal Development Support – 40%
- Collects and critically analyzes reporting inputs from field offices and monitoring and evaluation staff.
- Writes and submits program reports for US government, multilateral, bilateral, foundation and corporate grants.
- Systematically collects and communicates programmatic needs to fundraising staff for proposals, in close collaboration with field and HQ program staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in international development or related field
- At least 10 years experience in the international development field, including:
- 5 years project implementation and management experience
- 5 years experience with US government, multilateral and bilateral grant reporting
- 3 years proposal development experience
- Country-level work experience
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, think critically and use good judgment
- Ability to work with people from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work across geographies and departments, including finance, global programs and institutional advancement
Interested applicants must submit ALL the following materials to be considered for the position: up-to-date resume, cover letter, and 2-3 page unedited writing sample through WfWI’s Career Portal and our online application system @ https://womenforwomenintlcareers.silkroad.com under the Current Opportunities tab. Please note that applicants who make it to the interview round will be expected to take a writing test.
We do not accept resume/applications sent to our human resources email box.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview. Applicants who make it to the interview portion of recruitment will be expected to take an in-house writing test. Please respect our “no phone calls” policy. Non-US citizens applying for regular positions based in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Women for Women International provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.